To Get SBTET Results Click here
The Board was created under the authority of Government of Andhra Pradesh as an adjunct office of the Department of Technical Education. While the Technical Education Department concentrates more on the administration and developmental aspects, the Board is expected
- to frame policies for Technical Education;
- to review and revise the syllabi as per requirements of the society;
- to supervise the teaching in technical institutions;
- to conduct examinations and award Certificates;
- to design new courses and establish them at various Polytechnics to establish and develop liaison with industry
- to affiliate educational institutions and accord recognition;
- to impart training for the teachers of technical institutions; and
- to design material and make them available to students.
- to prescribe Syllabus for various Technical Courses at Under-Graduate level;
And the functions of the Board are –
- to advise the Government on the coordinated development of Technical Education in the State at all levels below Under-Graduate level;
- to work in liaison with SRC (Southern Regional Committee) of AICTE,
- formulation of schemes in the State;
- to affiliate or recognise institutions conducting courses below Under-Graduate level and prescribe courses of study for them;
- to inspect institutes periodically and ensure that the standards of the courses and the instructional facilities provided are satisfactory;
- to conduct examinations and award Diploma and Certificates conforming to the minimum standards prescribed by the AICTE; and
- to establish and develop co-operative relationships with industry and commerce.
The major areas, which the Board would be required to cover in the functions, are –
- Curriculum and Academic Standards;
- Inspection and Affiliation;
- Liaison with industry;
- Growth and Development of Technical Education.